Friday, November 11, 2005

First Post

I'm starting to blog about my most recent software development experiences nights and weekends. Right now I'm working with PHP and server side scripts.

This is a big difference from most of the last decade where I've been working with more static, strongly typed, compiled languages. Also I've spent lots of time working on Real-time and Embedded distributed systems. So web apps are both very similar and very different from my last work on distributed programming and Command and Control systems.

As a plus, my Mac came with Apache and PHP preinstalled. Wow! Made things very easy.

There's a major speed boost given the existence of PEAR and some of the packages available including new web services (like Amazon).

More later. I'm thinking once I get done with PHP on the server side I need to master JavaScript and AJAX on the client side. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home